One of the hottest trends lately for parties and weddings is Candy Displays. The best candy displays are the ones that match the color & theme of the event. The display is all about the mix of containers ~ so, make sure to use a variety of sizes and heights to accomplish the best look. You can also give small bags with custom labels for your guests to take candy as a sweet treat. Everyone always loves a snack after the party!
Here are a few tips of the trade when designing your candy table:
1. It’s all about the containers! Plan your display around your table size and containers.
2. Figure out which candy you want to put in each container and then how much of that candy the container will hold. You can do this by finding something that you already have that is measured that is the aprox. density of your candy (for example a bag of sugar) and pouring it into your container. If you are buying an odd shaped candy call your candy provider and explain the container to them - they are great about helping estimate the amount of candy that will fit in it.
3. Buy bulk candy. The shipping charges are expensive but you will save a ton of money by buying bulk. We order all of our candy from www.candywarehouse.com. They make it really easy and you can even shop by theme, for example wedding candy, old fashioned and nostalgic candy, even pirate candy!
4. Coordinate the theme and colors of your candy to the event. For example if your wedding colors are orange and pink just do caring shades of that colored candy.
5. Remember to also order the candy that will hold your other candy in place. For example if you are having lollipops, rock candy to pour in the bottom of the candy will hold the lollipops up right and in place.
6. Check out how to’s on youtube. Search Candy Display. Good Luck!!