There are loads of details when planning a party, in this blog we will give tips on the catering side of the party. If you know these details before the event you can stay one step ahead and avoid lots of headaches and heartaches!
1) Know your budget: this includes food, service, and beverages. Knowing your entire party budget doesn’t really help us, you need to break down your overall budget and present the caterer with the “food” budget.
2) Consider what type of food service you would like at your party, some different options that Dupree offers are:
- Buffet Dinner
- Seated Dinner
- Passed Appetizers
- Small Plates
2) Consider a “Theme” - A good theme can give you idea’s for food, dress, music, decorations, and set a special mood. Below is a picture of one of our favorite themed parties:
There are endless amounts of themes, be creative and make yours personal. Below are just a few ideas:
- Seasonal, summer or cookout theme, fall, winter, spring
- Green theme, you could use everything that’s “Green” recycled glass/aluminum products, composting, donating leftovers etc.
- Grow your own food or use everything local
3) Consider doing popular appetizers or something special and unique. Having an appetizer ready for your guests shows them you care. You could incorporate the apps into your theme or if the rest of your food is slightly traditional consider going with an app that’s a little more fun and interesting.